Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

How to make a librarian happy, September 2012 (part 2)

As promised in my previous post, today I'll share with you the books the library received from the Superiorland Preview Center.  These books are free to the area's libraries, and funded by a memorial endowment.  Again, all links are to Goodreads, unless otherwise stated.

Mermaids
Tempest Rising and Tempest Unleashed by Tracy Deebs

Various YA fiction
City of Swords by Mary Hoffman
The Springsweet by Saundra Mitchell
Dead Reckoning by Mercedes Lackey (I may have to pull that one and read it myself!)

By Jason Strange
The Graveyard Plot and The Demon Card
Jason Strange also wrote Zombie Winter, which I reviewed last year.

Heidi Heckelbeck series
#1, Heidi Heckelbeck Has a Secret
#2, Heidi Heckelbeck Casts a Spell
#5, Heidi Heckelbeck Gets Glasses
All by Wanda Coven (I sense a pseudonym).

The Boxcar Children!
The Boxcar Children Beginning by Patricia MacLachlan
I'm sure the Kindergarten teacher will be interested.

Different thinking awareness
Bilingual books!
Mi amigo tiene ADHD/My Friend Has ADHD
Mi amigo tiene autismo/My Friend Has Autism

Picture books
The Little Bully
Caldecott Honor book The Spider and the Fly
Ganesha's Sweet Tooth, based on a Hindu myth

Books boys will love
Military Robots
Airplanes in Action
Bulldozers in Action
I'd really like to see girls interested in this stuff too, but there's a sexist divide in what piques each gender's curiosity these days.  It drives me nuts.

The world around us
Countries Around the World: China
Languages of the World: Arabic

Citizenship
Ser honesto/Being Honest
Helping Family and Friends

Photography
Setting up the Shot
Taking the Shot

Pirate poetry
Shiver Me Timbers!

Various nonfiction
 
Rapido, mas rapido, muy rapido/Fast, Faster, Fastest

What great additions to the library!  These will support curriculum and offer new reading materials to the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment