Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Finding peace

Greetings, dear readers, if there are any of you still following this blog.

I did not mean to step so far away and not write anything for so long.  But, as they say, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

I also spent a month on books 3-5 of A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin, and did not get much reading done for this blog.  Those were great, and I wait with baited breath for the sixth.

This past month, I have made what will hopefully be my last shift in jobs.  I am now the director of the public library I began my post-MLIS career at.  I am thrilled to be back there.  Many patrons remember me - or, they knew my grandparents or know my dad, since he grew up in that town.  And I'm able to keep my gig at the charter public school, which is excellent.

Already, I have made incredible changes to the public library.  It's on Facebook, and the web site has been updated.  I created a YA section, and weeded the juvenile fiction section.  And I've only been there three weeks!

Look, a young adult section!

I have found my happy place.  Now let's get back to reviewing books!

No comments:

Post a Comment